
I am reading a really great book right now, which doesn't happen all that often (especially when one is a full time student), so I wanted to share.
Scar Tissue is an autobiography by Anthony Kiedis, the lead singer of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. In it he describes - with surprisingly intimate detail - his years of drug use, his history with songwriting and singing, his relationships with women, struggles with fame, the ever changing dynamic of the band, etc.
It's such an easy and fun read that I know I'll be done with it way too soon. Then what am I going to read???

2 comments:
I wish I were more into biographies...that kinda looks good.
I know what you mean...right now I'm reading "The Pleasure of My Company" by Steve Martin. It's fun and easy and I'm really enjoying it...but I'll be done way before my next book comes in Special Topics on Calamity Physics by M. Pessl.
I read Shop Girl by Steve Martin. I remember it was light and easy and not really remarkable in any way (except that I love Steve Martin and was proud of him for writing so well). Then I saw the movie and pretty much felt the same way about it.
Lately I've been much more interested in non-fiction books than fiction. And for some reason I am always drawn to the biography section of the bookstore.
I think what you need is a good bio to get you hooked on the genre. I recommend Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox or It's Not About The Bike, by Lance Armstrong. I haven't finished my Nelson Mandela bio yet, but I should be able to give that one my personal review by the end of the summer.... I hope!
Post a Comment