Thursday, May 10, 2007

My Med

Despite the fact that I'm still working as a waitress, long after I promised myself I was done with it, I'm really enjoying the restaurant that I work at now.

It's Mediterraneo Caffee, on Federal Hill. 'The Hill' is an area of Providence known for its large population of Italians and good restaurants. And 'The Med' is considered by many to be the best restaurant on the hill. One of the things I like most about it is that almost all the employees are Italian. Some Italian-Americans, but also some that are actually from Italy. We have three main chefs, all are from Italy and all are really fun guys. Several of the cooks are from Italy and even a couple of the front-of-the-house guys. So they are always speaking Italian to each other, it's awesome!

And speaking of guys, almost all of my coworkers are guys. After working at my last restaurant where many of the girls were catty and stressed out all the time, I feel like I am working in an all boys private school now. They joke and play and act like boys, it's hilarious and fun.

Oh yeah, and the money is way better than most other restaurants. Hooray for that!

I'm glad that I like my job for the time being. There will undoubtedly come a time when I am sick of it and maybe even hate it, but for now it's fun. And I might even pay some bills too.

No comments: