Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Chick Lit Dilemma

I found a book club. They meet every two months to talk about whatever book they have read. I know it's nerdy, but I think that sounds like so much fun, not to mention a good way to meet people. But here's the catch: this month's book is called "Lipstick and Thongs in the Looney Bin". And it's one of those pink-and-purple covers that would make a man steer clear for miles. I shouldn't let that hold me back though, I shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Oh but it's so hard! At least it's written by a local author who will actually be at the meeting.

The meeting is in March, and I have to read Shakespeare's "Richard III" before I can read that book. I think I can do it. I'm determined. And not having any papers to write or textbooks to read sure helps!

1 comment:

Courtney A. Walsh said...

Hiya Dev...

Courtney A. Walsh here...author of "Lipstick and Thongs in the Loony Bin"

Guess what---I promise it is NOT just chick lit...okay---it may not be Shakespeare, but I think you might be pleasantly surprised. Hehe...

Don't let the pink cover fool ya. ;)

Hope to meet you in March...

For my other writings/rantings...

www.youtube.com/courtneyawalsh
www.scribechickie.blogspot.com
www.lipstickandthongbook.com


Spread the lipstick, spread the love....keep on reading and writing.

Blessings,
Courtney