Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Goals

I'm chubby. I don't think I want to weigh myself right now, but I know that I've put on those holiday pounds. But it's the new year, and I've been better already about my food choices.

I actually used to take photos in bikinis. On purpose. Last week I put on a bikini to get in the hot tub at the cabin, and when I looked in the mirror I was shocked! Everyday I wear clothes that cover every inch of my skin, and before last week it had been months since I actually looked at my body in a full-length mirror. The weight was exactly where I would predict it; all around the middle. At least that's hide-able with clothes...

Anyway, I guess it's good to see that, so I can remember to lay off the brownies for awhile. J, don't make any brownies!

I did some very practical grocery shopping yesterday. Mostly produce and a few other lean products. There is no way I can give up starch though, so I'm just going to have to lose weight without that. Pasta, rice, bread, etc, yum. The best I can do is switch to wheat pasta and brown rice, and that'll just have to do. But I am eating less meat and way less sugar. That's good enough right? And I might even engage in some activity now and then.

I sure wish J was more interested in sports activities. I think it sounds so fun to go to the Y and play racquetball, or swim laps, or basketball, or something else fun like that. But that stuff just isn't fun by yourself, and I can't think of anyone else to ask.

Maybe I'll find a soccer or volleyball team to join. That would be fun right? And while we're wishing, let's go ahead and add a real job to the list too...

2 comments:

trinh! said...

What? You are not chubby. That's a word used to describe babies. I prefer the term voluptuous. And there is nothing wrong with that. It's quite sexy if you ask me.
But I honestly don't think men are into having stick thin women. Or women with rock hard bodies. Who wants to sleep next to a rock? I'd rather sleep next to something soft and warm...right?
I do understand how you feel though. Everything inside feels funny when I put on the lbs.
Anyway, yay for eating healthy! Less meat is always good. hehe. Try eating dried fruits to replace sweets. Dried papaya is one of my favorites.
If possible...stop eating three meals a day. Instead, eat half your meal and then a few hours later, eat the rest. Trust me, this works. You'll find yourself eating less AND you'll start craving healthier foods. At least, that's what happened to me.
Oh yeah, most importantly, drink tons and tons and tons of water. The last thing you want to do is dehydrate and water will keep your tummy feeling full.

Dev said...

I'm with you, I would totally rather sleep next to something soft and warm than something rock hard. But at the same time, I also would like to be physically attractive to the person I am with. So hopefully there is a happy medium in there somewhere, right? I don't really think that I am chubby or fat, I'm just a little bigger than I used to be so I am dramatizing it because it makes it more fun to deal with.

And I totally agree about eating smaller portions. I think we train our bodies to feel as though we need huge portions in order to be full and satisfied, but we really don't. Five or six meals a day is definitely better than three huge ones.

And less meat benefits other beings besides just me! yay!