So, today was pretty cold and I decided to wear cozy, warm clothes to my class. I picked my most comfortable sweatshirt, which just happens to be a yellow one that says Colorado across the front. I didn't even think about what message that might send to my New England classmates on this day, which happens to be Game 1 of the World Series. Oops! My classmates all thought I was sending the message that I was against the Red Sox!
What an idiot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
OH NO!!! That could have turned out to be a catastrophic mistake if worn in the wrong parts of Boston.
Good thing they won the World Series last night though!!!
Did you watch? I was sooo happy. I had a bottle of wine and beer right next to me the whole time. So that if the games didn't turn out okay, then at least...I'd still be having a good time.
Also, when I was at a bar watching the game and told everyone I was from MA, it was like automatic friends. Everyone was cheering for the Red Sox. We really do live in Red Sox Nation. I love that.
I have never in my life cared about or watched major league baseball, I have to admit. But it's nearly impossible not to get caught up in the excitement of being a Red Sox fan. I didn't watch any of the games, but I DID check the newspaper the morning after specifically to see if they won. That's more than I've ever done before!
Well, I am happy to hear that you took a step forward. Honestly, I was never into sports or anything like that until college. And I totally got caught up in Red Sox Nation. I think that's how it happens for a lot of people. But you've never really experienced the Red Sox until you see them play a game at Fenway. There is a reason why they sell out every season, why they have the most expensive seats in the entire league and why people are willing to pay ten times face value for a ticket. I know, it's so outrageous. But, you MUST go to at least one game. If you can. Find tickets somehow. Bleacher seats face value are about $12 but last season, we paid $100 for a seat. The $100 was totally worth it. I swear. And sitting in the bleacher seats are better than box seats anyway.
Post a Comment