written/doodled in desperation for something to occupy my mind between about 7 and 8:30pm last night, during one of my courses....
>>>
I really want to be interested in this class. I'm going to be paying for it for a long time, plus I have to be here for three hours a week for the next 13 weeks.
Her voice is annoying. Her Power points look like high school assignments. Didn't anyone ever teach her the 5x5 rule?
I'm bored and I'd rather be at home. But then again if I was at home I'd probably just be sitting around, eating something fattening. So I might as well be here and maybe even learn something.
Talking about gender discrimination is like beating up on a dead horse. It's a boring topic for me. Maybe just because it's been talked about in so many of my other classes. Are there really any graduate students here who need an introductory, in-depth discussion of this topic?
We don't live in the 50's anymore. Women are successful and have opportunities these days. If we insist on being completely equal, does that mean that we have to give up the disparity in relationships too? I don't want to start paying for dates and holding doors open for men. That's just weird. I still want to get out of traffic tickets and cover charges.
I'm not a feminist. I like being a girl and being different from boys. Then again, if I become a senior level manager someday I sure am going to want to make the same salary as a male manager in a comparable position. I guess that's not the case in our society right now. Okay, maybe it still is an important topic... I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
not worried she might come across your blog?
Nah. I doubt that she is so concerned about her graduate students that she is going to look them up on the web.
But just in case she is reading this, I wrote that purely out of boredom! I'm not a disgruntled student, really! I think you're an awesome professor and I will do my best to get an A in your class. Amen.
Post a Comment