On Monday I worked a double shift at the restaurant. In order to understand this story you have to understand the difficult parking situation all restaurant employees on Federal Hill suffer from. There are a few small parking lots in the area, but they are all designated solely for either valet or employees of nearby businesses. So the only option we have when we work is to find street parking. But street parking is only available for two hours at a time between 8-6pm. So you actually have to leave work every two hours to trya nd find a new parking spot in this busy area. It's a pain in the you-know-what. The hardest part is just remembering to do it, especially during a busy lunch rush.
So I got outside to move my car, and dammit, there's one of those dreaded bright orange envelopes on my windshield. This one was for being too close to the end of the designated parking area, which I really didn't think I was, but okay, they're the experts. Bam, $30 down the tubes. So I move my car. That was at 3pm.
At 4:30, not even two hours later, I go outside to move my car again, and wouldn't you know it, another ticket!! Except this time it's for exceeding the two hour parking limit. But wait! I wasn't! I didn't! I was only there for an hour and a half!! (Can't you picture me whirling around in a circle, desperately searching for the parking ticket lady so I can give her a real piece of my mind)
Well, she was no where to be found. So now I owe FIFTY DOLLARS in parking tickets. I didn't even make that much money during my lunch shift! I was so upset I almost cried.
So I went back into work and ate a double fudge cookie and a glass of milk and that made me feel better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
that is awful!
sometimes i wonder if leaving the ticket on the windshield will prevent them from writing another one.
also...i found out that if there is a parking limit it is for the entire street, not just that spot. my friend got a ticket even when she moved her car but b/c she re-parked it on the same street, she still got a ticket. how ridiculous! they should come up with a better system.
Parking stinks.
Post a Comment