My brother asked me once why all women become "psycho" a few months after dating them. I really don't like that word. I haven't forgotten that conversation either. Luckily, he met a woman who isn't like that, so perhaps she's changed his view of "all women". I don't like that either. Last night my coworker said "all women can't drive". I think we should be careful of grouping a lot of people together by just one characteristic. Or something like that.
I think what my brother meant was something more like, why do women tend to be controlled so easily by their emotions? Or something like that.
I admit, some women make a bad name for the others, like when they trash their boyfriend's car (or make it sound cool by singing about it, ahem, Carrie Underwood), or max out his credit card as some sort of punishment. That stuff is not okay. But that's those girls, not all.
I used to make excuses for boyfriends acting the way they did by saying, "but he's a guy, he can't help it", or something lame like that. He could have helped it.
There is something really nice about being with someone who is mature enough to be understanding rather than defensive, patient rather than frustrated, and doesn't roll his eyes when you try to explain how you feel.
Although they may not be the majority, they are out there, and they are the reasons that we can't ever say, "all men...". So let's not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
i completely know what you mean. and i am very happy that you have found someone like that. i wish i had someone like that for me! but i feel like i get a lot of that from my friends. so it's okay.
Post a Comment