Saturday, August 4, 2007

Lessons and Judgements

A lot of money was lost. Only a few people were around at the time. One was a new guy who, rumor has it, was fired from his last job for stealing. Did he do it? I'll never know. But where else could it be? I work hard, and a lot, and I don't want to do it for free.

I used to steal things when I was 13 or 14. Then I got caught. And my mom talked to me, and explained the concept of "It's just not yours to take." It's a simple concept, but one that hadn't occurred to me until she said it. I haven't stolen since then. I don't understand how other people do it, especially adults. Do they not think about the impact it has on the victim? Or do they just not care? Or is it possible that they have a genuine need and feel as though it is their last resort?

No comments: