What a great holiday. Family and friends all pitching in to create an amazing feast, the company of those you love, and most importantly, license to eat as much as you can.
My brother takes the eating part a bit too seriously; he actually forbids his family to eat breakfast or lunch, so that they can save as much room as possible for the big dinner. Of course, that results in eating dinner at 3pm (a bit early for me), but I guess it's tradition so whatayagonnado. Personally, I don't mind eating breakfast in the morning, I don't think it's too much of a detriment to the amount I can fit in my tummy later on that afternoon. But then again I'm no amateur eater.
Of course, I did NOT plan on weighing myself this morning, but then Jason made me so that we could weigh the ham to see how long to cook it. The numbers on the scale reminded me of how much I need to preheat the oven to cook the ham... yikes!
So in a few hours I will turn into a whirling dervish (or more like a Tazmanian Devil) in the kitchen, chopping and cooking and wrapping and mixing and serving all the dishes I plan to make for our early dinner. My favorite - homemade stuffing. Aww yeah. I love Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment