Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Love, for me

I love that poem. I love it and I hate it. I recognize and appreciate that love is such a powerful thing that it can steer your life and lift you to the sky and tear you down till you bleed and everything in between. I suppose due to the theory of relativity it couldn't ever be so good if it wasn't also at times equally bad. How do we balance it all? How do we yield to the greatness without living in fear of the pain? How do we truly love someone the way Khalil Gibran would have us love someone, and still be an adult in 2008 and work towards having a career and a family and security and retirement and all of those other worldly things that we are not supposed to covet?

Suffice it to say that I have all the answers and none of them at once. Here are my latest objectives - find peace in my center and be more loving in all aspects of my life. Pursue joy all the time and not become complacent. Wake up happy and embrace the day, everyday.

1 comment:

trinh! said...

What do you mean how do we balance it all? It balances itself. You cannot live life experiencing only its highest highs without going through its lowest lows. You would lose the natural balance. The peaks and valleys of life are normal, but the only way is through.
I would love to be back in RI with you drinking a cup of coffee. I've come into my spirituality much more since I have left. And I may not be where I want to be, but I sure as hell am getting there. And really, that's what life is.
Loving every aspect of your life is amazing. But also, really appreciate it all too--more than you love it. Because when you are grateful for what you have in your life, you realize you have more than you will ever need. And that is really powerful, you know?
I agree very much so with what Khalil Gibran wrote and feel it's all very real. Any time I feel as though I'm lifting to new highs, I understand that it's building my strength to go through something low. And I'm okay with that.