Seriously.
I got good at it.
And I loved it.
I would stop, just for a micro-moment, and smile to myself. The energy, the craziness, the productivity. It was great. Exhilerating.

Things have changed.
I'm at a different restaurant, but the concept is the same. That one or two hours per night where things go insane. One spilled drink or mistake on an order can throw you over the edge. Except now, I don't like it.
I endure it.
I stop, for a micro-moment, and think about how much I can't wait for this to end so I can go home. Now it's a chore. Now I am forcing myself to smile and pretend like I love what I do.

1 comment:
I think we're past that point in our lives where everything is still new and refreshing. Our tolerance is lower now. That's good in some aspects and not so much in others.
Hang in there.
Post a Comment