Monday, June 18, 2007

Fathers Be Good To Your Daughters

Taken from chapter 1 of a book I bought for my brother for Father's Day called Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters:

Men, good men: We need you. We - mothers, daughters, and sisters - need your help to raise healthy young women. We need every ounce of masculine courage and wit you own, because fathers, more than anyone else, set the course for a daughter's life.
Your daughter needs the best of who you are: your strength, your courage, your intelligence, and your fearlessness. She needs your empathy, assertiveness, and self-confidence. She needs you.
Our daughters need the support that only fathers can provide - and if you are willing to guide your daughter, to stand between her and a toxic culture, to take her to a healthier place, your rewards will be unmatched. You will experience the love and adoration that can come only from a daughter. You will feel a pride, satisfaction, and joy that you can know nowhere else.


Wow. Sure makes me wish I had a father. I suppose as a consolation gift I will accept a good father to my daughter(s) someday.

1 comment:

Uni Munirah said...

helo DEV!

that's nice article about FATHER. i like it! i would like to invite u to my website at http://knowledgeispower88.blogspot.com

see u there!